Thursday, May 1, 2008

Tête-à-Tête with Shakuntala Devi

Conversation over a cup of coffee. Photo by: Christina Marshall

Child Prodigy, Human Computer, Mathematics Whiz. Many titles…One name- Shakuntala Devi. On the 30th of April 2008, Manipal University welcomed Ms. Devi for a 2 hour mind teasing session in the auditorium where she endeavored to banish all fears about a subject that is a dreadful reality to many students.

It was a privilege to have a tête-à-tête with a woman who believes in the power of human mind.

Shakuntala Devi: Numbers have a life according to me. They are not just symbols on paper. They are beautiful numbers.

Afshan: Is this mental ability something inborn or does it have to be learnt over a period of time?
SD: Well, in my case, I was born with numbers. Now I am also trying to pass it on to people. I would like to spread it around.

A: So..it can be learnt?
SD: Learnt means…

For the complete interview click

No comments: